Monday, May 10, 2010

Porter Rockwell

Derek read a book about Porter Rockwell when he was young and always liked the story about this "Avenging Angel".
So, when I told him that the museum in Lehi, Utah had a bunch of Porter Rockwell's "stuff" because he had a home here, he immediately wanted to go check it out.
Derek was pretty excited when he was getting to touch "HIS" saddle.
This statue is setting on the ground of of where Porter's one home was.

We had lots of fun looking at all the amazing old western history that we had read about in home school.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Derek is a handsome dude!

Lourie said...

I love that kind of stuff. I didn't fully appreciate it when I was his age. That is awesome!

I have something for you at my blog.

Lene said...

These pictures make me smile...they are just so Derek.

Kayleen said...

Those two could be related!!!!: )